Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 PVC drain fittings
Author: sum (FL)

Do they make a PVC fitting with two sanitary tee branches but instead of the two branches opposing each other like a double sanitary tee, you have one branch facing out to you and another branch goes to the right (or left), in other words the two branches are orthogonal to each other.

Is there such a thing?

Second question: Do they make a 2" PVC wye or a TY combo where the branch is a street connection instead of hubbed?

Edited 1 times.

Re: PVC drain fittings
Author: packy (MA)

[www.google.com]

i have seen street san tees and street wyes but the street side is the outlet side not inlet sides.

Author: hj (AZ)

Those are pressure/fence fittings, not drainage.

Yes I am looking for a drain fitting, a 2" PVC double sanitary tee with the branches at 90 degrees instead of 180 degrees.

Yes I searched the only drain wye or combo with a street connection on the inlet side is a cast iron no hub wye where all sides are "no hub". No such animal for PVC I guess.

they can be used in the vent portion of DWV..

No, and I can only imagine what wacky installations we would see if they did make fittings like you are looking for, MAYBE one of yours.

If you are using PVC system. I have NEVER installed a PVC dwv system.

hj, here is the wacky situation where I wanted to use a double sanitary tee that does not have 180 degree inlets.

The existing vent is between the common wall between two units A and B. The location of the sink/drains are such that the north apartment sink B is further to the right.

The current configuration is there is a double santee one goes into apartment A as indicated and the other side goes to apartment B but then it makes a turn and the trap arm runs through the back of a kitchen cabinet. If there is such a fitting I have the wall open I can route it inside the wall cavity to avoid pipes inside the cabinet.

An alternative would be to turn the double santee 90 degrees, and do what I wanted to do with apartment B, and insert a street elbow into the other side then the stubout for apartment A. The problem with this is to the left of the vent is the hot and cold manifolds and they are in the way, unless I take the manifolds apart and remake them lower.

A third alternative would be to have two santee one on top of the other turned in the directions I wanted. Problem is that one of the santee stubout will probably be too high to accommodate a garbage disposer if I wanted the cleanout to be located at the lowest opening inside the cabinet. I don't want to put the CO to be the highest because the snake would be at an awkward angle inside a kitchen cabinet.

Any thoughts?

Edited 1 times.

i would opt for # 3.. use a san tee and a street san tee.
keep the lower one at 13 off finish floor.
you will also have a much easier time snaking the pipes in the future this way..

Turn a "back to back fixture fitting" on a 45 degree angle and use street 45s to realign the openings for the left sink and along the right wall.

another one.

I have a combo (TY) fitting I am considering to replace. The following is a plan view (top view) all pipes are running horizontal (almost).

The pipe from north connects to the inlet of the combo, and the combo needs to align with the pipe to it's left and it's right. To replace that combo I need to cut the pipe as indicated. All pipes and fittings are 2".

Which means if I buy a new combo, the pipe is too short by the depth of the hub. If I put in a coupling, it will be too long.

Looking at the Charlotte catalog, the distance from the centerline of the fitting to the inner edge of the hub is 5-1/8". If the hub is 1/2" deep, then I need a combo fitting that will give me a "A" distance of 5-5/8".

I am wondering, if I use a 2" WYE, then a 2" 1/8 bend, both hubbed, with a short piece of pipe in between, cut so that none of the connecting short piece of pipe is exposed, will that combination give me the distance I need?

Also, are all plastic fittings the same dimensions? In other words, would the distance I am trying to match are they the same whether it's Charlotte, Mueller or Lasco brand fittings?

Edited 1 times.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Yes, if you use a wye and regular 45 the distance will be correct.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.