Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 600,000 posts related to plumbing

Welcome to Plbg.com (aka: PlumbingForum.com) we are the most popular plumbing information sharing, advice, DIY and educational forum on the Web. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality, and plumbing related questions. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, business, pricing, or legal questions, for contractor referrals, or any questions not related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and no advertising. This site is free and made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Laundry Drain and Vent
Author: gbennett (GA)

Hello,

I just had my rough inspection today and the inspector said the drain for the laundry (washing machine) had to be 3". I can not find anything anywhere that says this is the case. I'm in GA.

Here's a picture of the laundry drain and vent. Both are 2" and the vent is alone all the way until it connects in the attic with other 2" vents.

He wants everything below the "red" lines including the "T" to be 3".

Thanks for any help.

Re: Laundry Drain and Vent
Author: NoHub (MA)

Appeal it to the state board..... 2" is fine.

Author: steve (CA)

Georgia's amendments to the 2012 IPC state -

406.2 Waste connection. The waste from an automatic clothes washer shall discharge through an air break into a standpipe in accordance with Section 802.4 or into a laundry sink. The trap and fixture drain for an automatic clothes washer standpipe shall be a minimum of 2 inches (51mm) in diameter. The automatic clothes washer fixture drain shall connect to a building drain, branch drain or drainage stack a minimum of 3 inches (76 mm) in diameter. Automatic clothes washers that discharge by gravity shall be permitted to drain to a waste receptor or an approved trench drain.
(Effective January 1, 2014)

[www.dca.state.ga.us]

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Here in NC the vertical piping can be 2", but as soon as it turns horizontal under the floor it has to be 3". I use a 3" long sweep 90 with a 3" X 2" bushing in the top of the 90.

Thanks for the help NoHub, Steve and North Carolina Plumber :thumb:
Author: gbennett (GA)

Thanks for the help NoHub, Steve and North Carolina Plumber .

Just a little back ground on myself, I'm no plumber. I'm just an owner builder that's trying to build my own home.

- Here's a little more info on this area of the rough-in. The "Laundry" in question connects to the 3" drain to main with about 10' of 2" pipe.

- All drain pipe have a 1/4" per foot of slope, The fitting marked with the red "4" is higher on the inlet side.

- Does anyone see any issues with the toilet flange connection?

Here's 2 pictures to show:

Edited 3 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2017 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.