Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 water filtering system
Author: karen Lee (OH)

What would be the water filtering system I would need for my mobile home. My source of water comes from a well. I am having trouble with my water heater do to the settlements and orange sludge that builds up in my tank and on my heating elements. I also get orange coloring in my toilet bowl and reservoir on the back of the toilet along with my shower. I occasionally get the smell of rotten eggs and occasionally get a orange rust color on my laundry. Thank you for your help!

Re: water filtering system
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

You really need to take a sample of your water and have it tested to see exactly what and how much of it is in the water. You'll likely need a salt softener for the iron and possibly a electronic filter for the sulfur . The system will need to be sized for the amount of softening required. I like Lancaster systems, and they offer free water testing. You can google them and see if they have a distributor in your area , and that's where you take the sample to.

Thank you North Carolina Plumber clap
Author: karen Lee (OH)

Thank you North Carolina Plumber for your quick and helpful response to my question. Have a Happy Holiday.

Edited 1 times.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Sample Test, First. This way you find out what is IN YOUR Water. Second is to determine what you don't want in your waters. You might walk around your neighborhood and ask your neighbors what they are doing and How Good It Works.

Best Wishes

Author: packy (MA)

i would pay the small fee for having your water tested. you will get a printed analysis of exactly what is in your water.
armed with this, you can call various companies, show them the results and get some quotes for the job.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.