Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Rennai Tankless Water Heater
Author: cjk1963 (AZ)

Hi -

I need to replace my existing Bosch Aquastar Tankless and I want to purchase a Rennai. I am not sure exactly what model yet but perhaps a V65IN, V75IN, or a RL75IN. I have a small house.

I was told by an estimator that if I buy it online from say Amazon versus buy it through a plumber or local supplier, I will not get the same quality of unit in that the internal parts will not be as robust.

Is this true?

I would think say a V65IN bought on amazon would be the same as a V65IN bought elsewhere. Although I have heard separately that at least some manufacturers do decrease quality on faucets to comply with price demands from large retailers like Lowes so perhaps this could also be true for water heaters like this?

Edited 2 times.

Re: Rennai Tankless Water Heater
Author: m & m (MD)

Can't respond to your question regarding quality, but check the warranty carefully against a non-online purchase. This is one area where value can be downgraded.

warranty - yes thanks that is another but separate consideration.

Edited 1 times.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

When doubt, call the manufacturer and ask them and then ask them to confirm it in writing to you. Better from the horse's mouth now........... then the horse's ass later.

Best Wishes

Re: Rennai Tankless Water Heater - Quality

I did email Rennai.

My Comment/Question: "I was told the quality of build (internal parts) will vary depending on where I buy the Rennai Tankless Water Heater. (For example) I was told that if I buy one from Amazon it will be of lesser quality than one I buy from a local supplier or plumber. I was basically told there are different grades of the same model (e.g., V65IN). Can you please advise me on this?"

Here is their response from Customer Care: "Thank you for contacting Rinnai. The quality of the unit should not matter where you get it from. There are no different grades of each model. I hope this info is helpful."

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.