Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Antique brass faucet
Author: Chuggysmom1 (AZ)

Hello everyone!

I'm working on a vintage reclaimed kitchen faucet and hit a road block. My beautiful faucet did not come with the supply lines, only 3/8" female ends. I've been desperately searching for soft/flexible copper lines that are ALREADY threaded with male ends. There is not enough room for any sort of adapter between the hot and cold. I did find rigid brass lines that were already threaded but, again, can't get any adapter on the other end to attach to the half inch hoses if they're not flexible. Any thoughts? Thanks kindly. Beth

Re: Antique brass faucet
Author: packy (MA)

beth, we are losing something in what you are trying to convey.. please post a picture.

Author: Chuggysmom1 (AZ)

[m.ebay.com]

Here are the pictures showing the female ends in the faucet. They are sized 3/8th inch. I need a line that will thread directly into it because the holes are spaced too closely for the extra width an adapter will add.

Thank you for telling me I was unclear!! Cheers!

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I feel sure that the holes are not 3/8". Seems different manufactures used different thread sizes, most are metric. If you could find out the manufacture of the faucet you could contact them if they are still in business. Some plumbing supply stores have a box of those type supply lines left over from display faucets, you might try looking there.

some old faucets (called basin cocks) did have smaller shanks. the were not 1/2 inch nor were they 3/8. they had a correct size nut that would hold a tapered tailpiece to the bottom. you need 2 of those smaller nuts and 2 tapered 1/4 inch tailpieces.
a plumbing supply house MAY be able to help you. I haven't seen any of those in years..

Author: hj (AZ)

When I go to that E-Bay site, it just shows a single basin cock and NOTHING about two holes close together.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

You have to click on - see original listing- to see all of the pictures. I believe it's a modern faucet that uses the propriety hoses with o rings.

Author: steve (CA)

I also don't think it's an "antique". It's made in Italy and has UPC approval stamp.

here you have it...
one end threads into the faucet and the other end attaches to a chrome shut off below...
the problem comes with identifying which size connector goes into the faucet base..
[www.bing.com]

Author: bernabeu (SC)

??? KOHLER 1088662 SUPPLY HOSE ???

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.