Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Challenging Kitchen Vent
Author: Clarkent34 (MA)

Going through a remodel and looking for ideas here. Have a finished basement below the kitchen and are putting in a large window. The drain currently comes up where the window is going and the vent continues straight up.

[i840.photobucket.com]

[i840.photobucket.com]

Edited 2 times.

Re: Challenging Kitchen Vent
Author: steve (CA)

Does the drain pipe run straight up and down below the kitchen floor? The vent can be run at a 45* angle above the sanitary tee. Will that angle miss the bottom corner of the window? Are you doing the plumbing? Are you homeowner or plumber?

Thanks for the reply smile
Author: Clarkent34 (MA)

Thanks for the reply. The plumbing below the floor is unknown as it was purchased with a finished basement. I considered the 45 degree angle too as I think this could get me around the 6" above the sink requirement for horizontal run of Vent. I'm not doing it myself but I want to be an informed home owner when the plumber starts suggestion options.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Challenging Kitchen Vent
Author: packy (MA)

the plumber will need to open up the floor and ceiling. there are options here. so, frame the windows and then decide the best option.
remember there is 3 inches of space in the kickspace so the drain can always be run in that space over to the corner on the right. the arm from the san tee can run thru the back of the lazy susan behind the cabinet so it enters the sink cabinet from the side. then the vent can offset back into the outside wall and rise up into the ceiling to join the priginal vent. this is the long way around but least destructive to the framing.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.