Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Clock for bathroom.
Author: B.Baxter Matheny (CA)

Moving back one hour for Daylight Saving Time tonight has this on my mind, so sorry! This question may not be about plumbing but is related: Will the humidity put up by taking a shower in the bathroom damage any clock that's used in there? I assume it will. Nevertheless, I don't wear a watch at home and as often as I am in the bathroom for all reasons I am finding it hard being unable to tell what time it is. I do vent the steam when showering but am still afraid to put up even an inexpensive battery clock. It has occurred to me that hanging lower on the wall might spare a clock the ravages of humidity, so you see how this is driving me nuts. I need to know how the experts handle the problem.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Clock for bathroom.
Author: sum (FL)

It's not a problem.

People are wearing watches on their wrists that can keep time even when they dive 100m below the surface. Many smartphones today are water resistant in pools, showers, and amusement parks.

Do a search, plenty of water resistant, steam proof clocks available on the market. You can even hang them on the shower arm.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Battery operated wall clocks are cheap these days. The are also self-sealed too. Just keep the bathroom vented and the exhaust fan on a bit longer.

Best Wishes

Author: bernabeu (SC)

juuuust under $400

on a serious note, there are MANY inexpensive clocks suitable for a damp environment

[www.bing.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.