Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Replacing a shower head.
Author: pezk74 (UT)

Hi,
I have a kohler k-74 shower tower that I am trying to replace, I have found a newr shower tower that I want to replace it with. The current unit has a circuit board in it to switch in between the different functions.

The question that I have is the new unit will not need any electricity , what do I do with the electrical power from the old unit that is not needed anymore ?

Also if anyone has any ideas as to what is the best unit to replace the k-74 with.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Replacing a shower head.
Author: hj (AZ)

That unit is a "complete package", meaning that replacing it involves a completely new control valve and everything, so you are basically looking at a major remodel of the shower unit. Kohler does not make units like this with the intention of ANYTHING taking its place.

As far as the plumbing that is currently coming to the unit I should not need to change anything behind the wall ? I just need to make sure that the unit is as close as possible to what k-74 is and just not use the power source that is coming to the current unit.

quote; I just need to make sure that the unit is as close as possible to what k-74 i

And you really think there is any thing that is even close to the K-74?

I was thinking of replacing it with something like this [www.homedepot.com]

Author: bernabeu (SC)

... the stuff dreams are made of ~ as in nightmares ...

from the instructions:

NOTE: INSTALLATION MUST BE DONE BY A
QUALIFIED, LICENSED PLUMBER.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

The picture does not tell us whether it is anywhere compatible with what you have now.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.