Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Connect Delta kitchen faucet to Accor Flowtite...how??
Author: nate821 (AL)

I bought a new Delta faucet and it comes with it's own lines so you can connect directly to your hot and cold. Problem is my house I recently bought has these plastic Accor Flowtite valves that are crimped on. What are my options? I was thinking either 1. Buy a new fauce with just copper pipes come out of it (like the old one I took out) or 2. Hire a plumber to replace the Accor Flowtite with normal valves.

And here's the Delta faucet with it's own built in lines:

Re: Connect Delta kitchen faucet to Accor Flowtite...how??
Author: Pipe runner (AZ)

I like the Delta supply lines because with their added length you can reach most sinks shut offs.

YES if not 3/8 on that stop replace with new stops. Looks like you have plenty of 1/2 PEX pipe to cut and crimp on a more standard shut off or use a Shark bite strait stop.

Edited 1 times.

Author: m & m (MD)

The valves you have are already the "push-on" type so just remove them and install new standard SharkBite valves.

Author: hj (AZ)

Accor valves are "garbage" the day they are installed, so change them. If you really want to keep them then get a 1/2" ips x 3/8" compression adapter and use that to connect you new hoses to the old ones.

Author: nate821 (AL)

Yea I've decided to change them all out and use normal valves. I installed 2 new Moen bathroom faucets, connected the Flowtite valves, turned the water on and both faucets instantly started leaking at the connection. Pure sh*t. The valves worked on the old cheap chrome Delta faucets so not sure why they're leaking, maybe the inside o ring isn't setting correctly against the new faucets. Don't know, don't care...changing them out.

Author: Distractor_Beam (NV)

I know this is an old post, but for anyone that wants a look at how this could work, I made a video here:

Adapting A FlowTite Water Shut Off For A 3/8" Kitchen Sink Water Line
[youtu.be]

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.