Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 bellied sewage pipe okay?
Author: SherrieNielsen (CA)

Hi! I have a question about the drainage system in my home. The plumbing vents on the roof are ABS. Does that mean that the drainage system below my concrete slab foundation is also ABS?

That leads to the second question: The drainage system has a downward vertical displacement (bellied?) just before a Y-junction that goes in one direction to the master bath, and to a clean out in the other. This condition may have been there since the house was built, or was caused by excessive water running under the home due to how the land was graded. I have fixed the grading problem and the foundation cracks the water caused. I have seen via plumbing camera that the drainage pipe has standing water. It appears that when the water rises that the rising water can escape to the sewer. It has not been a problem so far because the main bathroom has been down for 30 years and the only water going through has been from the laundry room. We finally got the main bath tub operational and I have used it a few times. It drains very rapidly.

If the bellied pipe is not backing up sewage to the bath or laundry, is it safe to leave it that way? Would using septic tank bacteria in the pipe help break down toilet paper and human refuse more quickly to prevent a backup? Thank you for any help and advise you can offer. wink

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.