Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Chugging toilet flush and not a lot of water is bowl.
Author: Msumommy (MI)

We have two upstairs toilets. The one is fine the other always gets clogged by very little. The toilet that clogs also has a very little water in the bowl and kind of makes a chugging or sucking sound when flushed. On occasion the tub and sink will also gurgle. I am so stressed out by this toilet I only #1 be done in theresmiling smiley. If the vent is obstructed would the other toilet also be affected? Please help!

Re: Chugging toilet flush and not a lot of water is bowl.
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

The vent is not the problem. There is a blockage somewhere, likely downstream of the toilet connection.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

What brand and model is your toilet and how old is it?

Best Wishes

It's only 4 years old and it is a Kohler I think it is a 1.6 gallon. About three years ago I was using the kids flushable wipes and we had a clog and had to have it cleared out but the toilet has always clogged easy since, so my gut tells me maybe there are some wipes somewhere stuck down in the pipes. Do you think that some of the wipes could still be stuck down there?

Thank you for your response big grin

Thank you for your response. I was saying below we had a problem with the kids flushable wipes clogging up
The toilet three years ago. I now refuse to use the flushable wipes. I think there may still be some trapped in the pipes. I think I need to have someone come out and snake the whole thing.

Edited 1 times.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Medi-wipes are not flushable as advertised. Ask the manufacture of these products to pay for your plumbing bill and see what they say.

A sewer camera will help expose any wipes that were left behind after you did your best.
Best Wishes

Author: terracore (HI)

My toilet does this if the little fill tube that is supposed deliver water into the bowl via the larger tube by the flapper is instead draining into the back of the toilet.

Author: marlinman (FL)

If it is a Kohler toilet make sure you have the proper Kohler fill valve installed. Although Kohler uses a Fluidmaster fill valve They are not the same as a Fluidmaster 400. These Fluidmasters are modified to provide a larger water footprint size in the bowl. Use the link to find the tank "K' number and you will be able to find the correct part#

[snowcrest.net]

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.