Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Fill valve changed but tank won't fill
Author: dlog (UT)

Didn't have this problem until after a plumber changed the fill valve the same day the issue started so I know it's a brand new valve. But now when the toilet is flushed the tank won't fill up. The water valve has been turned off and then back on. The issue still remains. When the fill valve is turned 1/8 inch counterclockwise it will fill, but once it is put back to the correct position the water stops. Tried lifting the lever up and down, that worked at first but now that doesn't even work.

Re: Fill valve changed but tank won't fill
Author: packy (MA)

i'm guessing that there is debris in there somewhere.
probably have to shut the water, take the top off the fill valve, hold a towel over the open valve and turn it on to see if that frees the debris.
my second guess is something wrong with the shutoff. test that by shutting the water supply, disconnecting the flexable supply and aim it into a bucket the turn the shutoff on..
none of this is a big deal.. just a little playing around until you find the debris.

Author: hj (AZ)

Call th lumber back to repair or replace the new fill valve.

Thank you thumbs

I'll give it a try. Thank you.

Edited 1 times.

Replaced. He was jurk. Said he fixed the hot water heater too but when I called him and asked him why he didn't turn the pilot light on he said no one told him too. Infortunately I didn't get to pick who would be doing the work. But I will never use that company again!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.