Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Hot Water Trickling out
Author: lcbertram (TX)

Hello all, I have a hot water problem in one of my bathtubs. When turning the faucet on the cold comes out just fine however the hot water comes on and then trickles out. The hotter I turn the faucet the slower it gets and then finally stops. I hear a kerplunk noise, like pressure just suddenly got cut off. I have replaced the cartridge, I have shut off the hot water tank and hooked up the washer cold to washer hot while the tub was open and turned it on. Possibly an air bubble. Still the same issue. It is a mainline cartridge number 507902. Cannot figure this one out. By the way it is only one bathtub out of 3 and and all sink faucets are working fine.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Hot Water Trickling out
Author: hj (AZ)

How about a picture of the faucet.

Author: lcbertram (TX)

I actually just fixed it. I took it all apart and there were some adjustme t screws behind the valve on each side. I adjusted those and long behold water. I have water.

Edited 1 times.

Author: george 7941 (Canada)

The "adjustment screws" might be integral shutoffs. If so, you are supposed to open them all the way.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

That's what I was thinking, you probably just turned the water off and back on, possibly dislodging some debris.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.