Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Delta two handle Faucet
Author: ivann92 (MA)

My Delta 2500 classic two-handle faucet was leaking water which eventually got as bad as a steady flow. I stopped the water flow and diagnosed the problem to be on the hot water side, so I got replacement cartridge, seat, and spring. However, once I put in the replacements (per directions) and re-turned on the water from below, I wasn't able to use the handles to turn on either hot or cold water. What could be the problem here. As a side note, I initially replaced the cartridge without replacing the seat and spring, and the same problem occurred: no running water. I think the problem has to be with the cartridge assembly (second valve) as without the cartridge, there is running water when I turn on the valves from underneath. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Ivan

Re: Delta two handle Faucet
Author: m & m (MD)

You may need to rotate the cartridge 180*.

Author: steve (CA)

Check the aerator at the tip of the spout. If cold and hot water are affected and you only replaced the hot cartridge, debris might have plugged the aerator, affecting both hot and cold.

Author: packy (MA)

one of the easiest faucets to fix is the delta 2 handle.
BUt, you must put the new parts in the exact way the old ones came out.
if you reverse the cartridge the on/off positions are reversed so no water will come out in the open position but will come out in the closed position.
if everything is installed correctly then you may have some debris clogging the opening where the seat and spring drop into.
turn the water off, pull it apart, remove the seat and spring, hold a big towel over the faucet and turn the water on slowly.

Author: ivann92 (MA)

I have made sure several times that I installed the new parts correctly in the right order, including making sure that the shoulder of the cartridge is oriented correctly. I thought about debris being stuck below the spring so I tried turning on the water without the cartridge and the flow was fine; I put the cartridge back in, and no water flow when I turn the handles.

Author: hj (AZ)

There should ONLY be two ways to install the stem and one way it goes from off to full flow and the other way from full flow to off, so I cannot imagine HOW you are installing it to get any other operation. I know how it could happen, but co not know how you could do it.

Author: steve (CA)

Did you remove the aerator from the spout tip?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.