Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Really need advice
Author: Hairdresser124 (LA)

My daughter is opening a beauty salon,it's a 1500!sq ft builder that was some sort of store. We just found out that there is no plumbing where the 2 shampoo bowls are going, so we have gotten estaminates,they want to break slab,put pipes and slab on top. I know she probably should have looked into this but that's hindsight, problem is is bid is correct,she shuts down before she ever got to open frowning

Re: Really need advice
Author: Lee (NJ)

Good Morning:

I do not understand your question. Please try to ask your question a different way.

Thanks,

Lee

First, thanks for taking the time to read my post smiling smiley
My daughter is renting a commercial building for her hair salon. When they were putting the shampoo bowls they realized there was no plumbing in that area,which is only place she can put the bowls, so she has one bid with breaking concrete and putting pec water piping. Hope this helps some

Author: bernabeu (SC)

If she did not properly check the premises prior to leasing them and now can not afford the required modifications she will not be able to open the business unless she can obtain required financing.

PERIOD

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

I totally agree with you. I guess my question is can she possibly do a wall mount of some type? She is in a great zoning area when it comes to code, she just wants the best way to do this and get best price. And since I have no idea about plumbing I thought I would ask if there are different options before we get more bids

Author: packy (MA)

you would have to call the manufacturer to make sure any chemicals used in hairdressing would not hurt this pump. i would also ask them about hair from the sinks going into their pump.
they may even be able to recommend a different style pump for your daughters business.
[www.libertypumps.com]

Thank you so much big grin

Thank you so much for your response. I will try and find that out. Right next door to her lease is a spa, I may go and see how they ran they pipes etc, and if price was like my dayghters

Edited 2 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

WHO would start installing shampoo bowls when there was no water and drain for them????? You need more than one bid to determine how expensive it will be.

There could be several ways to do it, but we would have to be THERE to see what is possible.

AZ, I am a little confused by your question. There is water, there is a bathroom, and a water fountain in the middle of the building that is beautiful. I have her the shampoo bowls when I closed my salon and my dad was going to install them. Thanks again

The bathroom and fountain may be completely irrelevant, unless they are close to where the bowls go and the plumber can connect to the water and drain lines. It is also probable, that the hot water for the bathroom is insufficient for your shampoo sink's needs. ALL of this should have be considered before leasing the space, and any revisions done before you got to the stage where the sinks were being installed.

Author: PlumerDan (CA)

she also should make sure the bldg owner knowes whats up...they may need to give permission.also permits and inspections to protect her and them..good luck

Author: srloren (CA)

Hairdresser, you need to read your posts prior to posting. The sentences do not make sense. If you need help, a photo and a drawing would help and well worded questions so we can help you and your daughter with opening her business. That being said I will wait until you do as I have requested. Good luck to your daughter.

Author: BillJeffy (IL)

Take credit for renovation

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

The internet, doesn't provide us with the same information that locals, performing onsite evaluations. Trying to provide advise and suggestions, can be flawed, just because we don't have the necessary facts. A local, licensed plumber in your area would be the best source for tangible information regarding your coded needs and requirements. Going cheap may save your pocketbook, but you don't want to expose future clients, employees and yourself from safety issue, in the future. Good Luck and My You Do Well in your new endeavor.

Best Wishes

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.