Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Water Hammering from hot water heater
Author: Jeffrey1975 (MA)

I've been researching this problem for a month now and can't find any answers.
I'm getting water hammering from the hot side of my water heater. What i've done already and has has not fixed the problem is put arrestors on the washing machine, that didn't work. Installed a water pressure regulator to bring the pressure down to 50 psi and that did not work. The water coming in the house is at 70 anyways. Then I had a plumber come over and he removed the plastic ball out of the nipple on the hot water heater and that didn't work either. Then I installed a expansion tank on the cold water supply that goes into the hot water heater and that didn't do anything. The water hammering is coming from when I use any of the faucets and toilets in the house. doesnt matter is I use the cold or hot water, I get the water hammering from the hot side only from the hot water heater. And when I shut the water supply going into the hot water heater and relieve the water pressure from hot water heater, the water hammering goes away. The plumber does not have any other ideas what would fix this. So I came hear to see if anyone had any ideas. Does anyone has advise? Thanks

Re: Water Hammering from hot water heater
Author: hj (AZ)

The water heater could be acting as an echo chamber, and amplifying the sound that originates somewhere else, until you "disconnect" it by turning the water off.

Re: Water Hammering from hot water heater
Author: Jeffrey1975 (MA)

I fixed the problem. I replaced the Delta Shower Cartridges Assembly. And That stopped the water hammering. Just thought I would let other people know because it was driving my nuts for two months. And hopefully it help someone with the same problem I was having. peace & love peace & love

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.