Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Need opinions before pouring concrete
Author: joco (MI)

Guys,
First of all, I want to thank you all for your comments and the help you gave me in the previous threads. I finished my rough in for the basement bathroom, and before pouring the concrete I wanted to make sure everything I have done is right. So can you please take a look at the pictures if everything looks OK? I'm planning to put a clean-out where my double sink will be. Do I need another one for the shower?

I'm not sure if I need to redo the shower riser because it's out of plumb. Is the shower drain forgiving or the riser needs to be perfectly plumb?

Thank you all

Re: Need opinions before pouring concrete
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Looks good, I would build a wooden box to go around the shower drain riser to keep the concrete away from the pipe 3" or so. If you use an Oatey No Caulk shower drain with a rubber seal there's no need to do anything else with the riser.

Re: Need opinions before pouring concrete
Author: packy (MA)

looks better than good. put some fine sand around the pipe before you pour. also pour right up to the toilet drain and use a flange that glues inside the 4 inch pipe.
no cleanout needed for the shower.
you can reduce the shower vent to 1 1/2 inch once you are above grade but the lav vent must remain undiminished in size as it is venting the toilet as well.

Thank you guys applause
Author: joco (MI)

Thank you guys. I was going to put 4" pipe around the shower riser but box sounds like a better idea because there will be more space around.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.