Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 can anyone help
Author: jkeller45386 (NV)

OK so kinda a long story but will do my best to keep it short. we bought a house 2 weeks later we noticed in the bathroom thats part of an addition was having issues. when the shower was on more then 10 min there was a stream of water coming from the bolt that holds down the toilet, well after about a week from then the toilet and tub backed up.we contacted our home owners insurance to have a plumber come out.

OK plumber#1 they ran a snake out to the street i think its a pitch issue, as i was not happy with the fact he had no reason of why he thinks this other then a guess and he recommended for a camera to be done but his company didn't use them.

plumber#2 they run a snake then a camera o wait i forgot to mention they ran the snake and blew out the bottom of the tolitbowl OK back to they ran a camera and got to a blockage they said they can put the camera threw and when all is said and done they determine that its a slab leak and that it means tearing apart the whole bathroom. I'm no expert but if you run a camera from the main line along the main line never doing any of this from the bath room or seeing the condition of the pipes in the bathroom how is it you want to rip up the whole bath room hmmm yes so now calling back the home warranty company to request another plumber to come and aculy say idk know what they are talking about.

plumber #3 well plumber number 3 was rotter rooter which we payed for out of pocket, we called explained what the issue was and that we needed to have a camera ran and that blah blah. they come out run the camera even past the clog (must have a special one) said there was a soft clog and the lines need to be hydro jetted then a camera ran to see what it looks like which made sens to me so call home warranty place explain what they said to which there reply was well we need our plumbers to make that determination. at which point i lose my temper a bit as it seemed to be OK with them to want to just tear up everything an d hope its fixed or my favorite well they say it might brake it hmmmm didn't know it matterd if you broke something thats already broken sooooo

plumber #4 so he shows up has me flush the toilet 3x then we talk back a forth and says he needs to run a camera etc to which i was explaining i paid 2x for that I'm not interested in doing that till after the lines have been hydrogenate as its just gana show me the same thing as the last 2 times he makes a call leaves a voice mail we talk back and fourth then he says hes going to grab something out of his truck and he will be right back 30 min later what do you know he left so i have my wife call and tell the home warrant place then hes set to come back out again wich i had plans for that day so after spending some time out at the lake i come home he says that theres 2 sags in the line not sure what it was called some kinda sonar thing to determine that

so in the morning i will be calling them to discuss when the lines are going to be hydrojeted and a camera ran. they have had 3 plumbers out, any ideas of advice will be greatly accepted and appreciated

I'm wondering if you have to replace the whole line or if you can just cut out a section to replace it if that is the issue

Edited 1 times.

Re: can anyone help
Author: bernabeu (SC)

YOU need to have YOUR independent, licensed, insured, bonded plumber investigate.

YOU need to act on YOUR behalf and NOT depend upon the 'warranty' company who's ONLY function is to MAKE MONEY.

Yes, the plumber will EARN money - he and his family need to eat.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Re: can anyone help
Author: txgearcat (TX)

Sorry...
You just bought the place?
I am a little confused....
It almost sounds like somthing was done without permits or out of code.
I agree with previous post, I am not sure you will get far with any home warranty company if it is what I think it is.
I also agree the cheapest fix may not be the best.
You may have some recourse depending on the terms of the sale.

Good luck.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.