Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Irrigation System Questions
Author: PTReese84 (SC)

Heyo, New here and have some piping questions. My apologies if this gets complicated.

I'm building and Aeroponics system as a hobby. So everything needs to be potable water friendly.

I am connecting a water pump to a 1 inch pvc line. That 1 inch pvc line will run horizontal on the ground, feeding multiple buckets and preferably have reducer tees along the way to connect 1/2 inch mostly flexible tubing to, that runs approx 2 feet into a 5 gallon bucket.

Hope your still with me...

The 5 gallon bucket i want to run 1/2 inch hard pvc through the wall to the center of the bucket and up to about mid level. Then tee off left and right horizontally about 4 to 6 inches and stop(capped off). Into the horizontal top pieces i will attach misters.

The entry point into the bucket is confusing to me. I would like it be mostly leak proof, there will be no standing water in the bucket. I will build a drain line back to the pump but it will be a gravity drain. I want to use the flexible tubing to run between the main 1 inch pvc line up to the entry point, but i dont know how to connect it. Want it to be detachable to move around if possible.

I dont know what all the connections are called. I went to the local hardware store and have a few ideas, but i am hoping to get some more experienced advice.

Please share thoughts, opinions, advice and ideas. Thanks in advance.

Re: Irrigation System Questions
Author: srloren (CA)

If I understand your question: Your drain back to the pump will have to drain as much water as the pump pushes to the buckets. Can you send a drawing of what you propose? It will help us to understand the question and what you want to accomplish.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Flexible and detachable sounds to me like a washing machine hose might work.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

So, you will be pumping from a storage tank and returning to the same? You want to look at bulkhead fittings.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.