Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kitchen faucet connector identification
Author: emgbls123 (TX)

I replaced the original sink which was in the hosue purchased in 2009. The old faucet was connected directly to the hot and cold lines under the sink and there is no shut off valves. The house is installed with a Viega PEX system and has two PEX hoses ran under the sink.

My problem is that the hoses do not reach all the way up to the new faucet connectors (1/2inch IPS.) I am not sure what the connector on the end of the PEX Viega hose is though... It appears to possibly be a 1/2inch IPS with a plastic screw cap. Would I simply need a 1/2inch IPS female to 1/2inch IPS male hose to span the gap?

I am including a fairly blurry picture of the connectors I have under the sink.

Re: Kitchen faucet connector identification
Author: hj (AZ)

Yes, IF you could find such a thing, which I doubt. There are several ways you could do it, but ALL require an "adapter" of some kind between the new hose and your old one. Which adapter depends on the connection on the hose you find.

Currently I have two 1/2" FIP (faucet connection) to 3/8" compression. Would the best course of action be to try and find a 1/2" MIP > 3/8" male compression?

In this case what would be the easiest connector to find?

With the mip adapters the most common would be to get a lavatory connector with a 3/8" female compression end for attachment to your existing female nut.

Thanks for the help smile

Thanks for the help but I dont guess I understand.

From the wall I have a 1/2" female (threading is on the inside)
On the faucet I have a 1/2" male (threading is on the outside)

If I we're to try and use the connector I already have (1/2" Female > 3/8" compression female) wouldnt I need a 1/2" male > 3/8" compression male adapter? The path being...

Water in (1/2" female) > (1/2" male adapter) > (3/8" male adapter) > (3/8" compression female hose) > (1/2" female hose) > (1/2" male faucet).

Is this the best option? I am trying to understand what to look for when I head to Lowes/Home Depot here in a few minutes.

Edited 1 times.

I would use 1/2" female from the wall---- 1/2" male x 3/8 compression adapter----1/2 female hose x 3/8 female compression----male faucet, but you can do it any way you think works for you, since there is no single RIGHT way to do it.

"I would use 1/2" female from the wall---- 1/2" male x 3/8 compression adapter----1/2 female hose x 3/8 female compression----male faucet, but you can do it any way you think works for you, since there is no single RIGHT way to do it."

I havent been able to find any 1/2" male to 3/8" compression male adapters... The only 3/8" adapter I am aware of is female like below:

Is finding a 3/8" male adapter something I am just failing to find online?

EVERY hardware and big box store has a 1/2" male x 3/8" compression adapter. Your problem is that YOU do not know what it is or how to use it. Your picture is a flexible faucet connector and THAT will attach to the adapter AFTER it is affixed to your female "nut" coming from the wall. The other end will then attach to the faucet's 1/2" male thread.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I'd cut those adapters off, add a coupling, short piece of pipe and a 1/2" X 3/8" stop.

When PEX is installed that way, the stops are usually on the manifold.

Author: steve (CA)

Should be available at most hardware/home improvement stores.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.