Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Shower pressure decreased
Author: Chrissy25 (MA)

Our master bathroom shower pressure has decreased in the past few months. No other faucets seem to have decreased pressure. We've replaced the shower head and that hasn't helped. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Re: Shower pressure decreased
Author: srloren (CA)

Did you try the pressure with the head not installed on the shower arm? Many times there is a tiny screen filter in the gasket between the shower arm and the head.

We have not. But wouldn't that have always been the case and not happened all of a sudden?

Do you want to play 20 Questions or fix the problem? Just kidding, I'm trying to help you solve your problem

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

If you've replaced the shower head and the problem persisted, I'd say the problem is in the faucet cartridge. It may need to be removed and cleaned or replaced.

How do I get to the faucet cartridge? Where is it located?

I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it. I'm a question asker. I will look into this.

Author: packy (MA)

the faucet handle is attached to the cartridge. when you turn the handle it operates the cartridge. to access the cartridge, remove the handle and what ever trim is necessary. some faucets you need to remove all the trim and some you need to remove only part of it. keep asking all the questions you want. we are here to help.

Before you start turn off the water Main Valve at the front of your home. Open the lavatory in the bathroom you are working on to drain down the pressure. Then proceed.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.