Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Pfister Kitchen sink faucet
Author: GreatProtector (CA)

"Ladies" and Gentlemen: Two days ago I removed a Kohler kitchen sink faucet that was leaking in places I could not access. I replaced the unit with a Pfister (aka. Price Pfister) "Marielle" and have little or no pressure at the spout when I turn on the control handle; but the sprayer attachment works just great, with full pressure. The company has no solution — Do you?

Re: Pfister Kitchen sink faucet
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Maybe the aerator is clogged ?

FYI: the aerator is still off and had been removed just in case there was any debris in the line that needed to be flushed when the angle stops under the sink were turned on. I will not install the aerator until I get a 'healthy stream' of water from this new spout. Pfister is still not helping me to troubleshoot their product: either on line or by phone.

I am still waiting on the 'new cartridge" from Kohler, so I may be repairing the old and returning it to service if nothing else works.

Author: SHEPLMBR70 (VA)

Your valves under the sink didn't stick closed did they?

Author: packy (MA)

how about the spray diverter? could be defective not allowing water to the spout? take it out and try without it.
if it is a problem, you can still use the faucet. without it, it just won't shut the water to the spout when you use the spray.

Thank-you for being here applause

NEWS FLASH and UPDATE: Finally got Pfister technical support on the phone and they are saying that indeed, the diverter valve which attaches onto the mounting shank of the spout body is DEFECTIVE — and they will send me a new one plus a new cartridge at no cost — in 7 to 10 days! Wow do I feel special. Thanks for all your help. It encouraged me not to give up hope that I did nothing wrong but followed their instructions to the letter and it still would not work right. Thank-you for being here.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Thank-you for being here applause

Update on Price Pfister Problem — I should have known this would be too easy to fix. Today, Monday, March 21, I received in the mail two new parts to "fix" my problem and of course, I was so excited that I installed the new diverter valve in less than 20 minutes. Most of that was prep time to go under the sink. I found an unexplainable puddle under the sink near the hot water shut off valve, but other than that no problems. I replaced the old plastic diverter with the new one from the package and voilla: larger flow of water but still not full on! So now I am trying to go on line to find a diagram and instructions to replace the 2nd new plastic part Pfister sent me: a new control valve. Please remind me that I always thought PP was junk and now I have a real life experience. Uggh!

Re: Thank-you for being here applause

I am still saying "Thank-you for being here: applause HOWEVER, I just finished researching and finally installing the new Price Pfister Marielle kitchen faucet with a brand new diverter and control valve replacement and would you believe that the problem of no water pressure any where near the spout is still true? But the sprayer works full on and with much gusto! I sure wish I had never taken out the old KOHLER; and now I know why it was leaking. A minor fix with a new plumbers putty and control valve which also came in the mail 3 days ago. Thanks for all your suggestions, but take my experience to heart and NEVER buy PP unless your life depends on it!!!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.