Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 aerator adapter
Author: schorsch (FL)

Hello all,

I am in desperate need for a part to hook up my newly acquired SPT dishwasher(sd-2201w). I would like to utilize the faucet adapter/quick connect that came with it. However, I do have a spray head faucet and the faucet adapter that came with the dishwasher doesn't fit. I went to numerous hardware stores to get an adapter. First of all, my aerator is a junior aerator (a dime fits inside). I did get an adapter that fits the faucet adapter and has the right size to fit into my faucet but it is too short unfortunately. The hole for the aerator/adapter in my spray head is too deep and the thread doesn't go all the way up. So I guess what I am looking for is somewhat of an extension pretty much replacing the adapter I already have.

I hope the pictures can clarify what I mean.

Your help is much obliged.

Best,

Schorsch

Re: aerator adapter
Author: packy (MA)

you're not going to do it with that type faucet without changing fittings every time you use the machine and then change back to use the faucet. even then it will be tricky.
best bet is to drill a hole in the sink and add a seperate faucet connected to hot only.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Keep in mind that when you add a foreign device to your faucet, you void the warranty. Some faucet spouts are not strong enough to handle the weight or tug stress of some accessories. You could contact your faucet manufacturer to verify this.

Best Wishes

Thank you all for your replies and input big grin

Thank you all for your replies and input.

I am afraid putting an additional faucet an is not an option.

However, I came across this part:

It should - in my layman's opinion - do the trick.

Best,

Schorsch

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

Then all you would have to worry about is whether the spout's hose and connections will hold the pressure when they are under "city pressure" which they were NEVER designed to do.

Dear hj,

Frankly, that I cannot tell you. I will let you guys know.

Best,

Schorsch

Author: bernabeu (SC)

STOP

DO NOT CONNECT A PORTABLE DEVICE TO A PULL-OUT SPOUT

YOU VERY PROBABLY WILL CREATE A FLOOD WHEN THE SPOUT OR THE SPOUT'S HOSE BREAKS

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Thank you for your concern. I have seen numerous videos of people doing exactly that without any issues. So I am a little puzzled.

one of these....
and one of these...

put together would do it.
top fitting is 13/4 hose male thread by female aerator threads
the second fitting is 3/4 hose female by 1/2 inch male threads.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Here is a twist, to consider. Ask your home owners insurance agent if your policy would cover a failure of the faucet and flood your kitchen and surrounding areas. If not, I would consider a less damaging option, should it fail.

Best Wishes

While I do get your concern, I do not believe - given proper surveillance - a massive flooding will happen. If the spout/spout's hose will break wouldn't all I have to do is to shut off the faucet/water? Please don't get me wrong I am not taking any unnecessary risks but I also do not see the uber-risk of a massive flooding.

Edited 1 times.

Yes, as long as you are THERE at the time.

i suppose you could install those 'floodsafe' faucet connectors.

Technically I always have the option to put the DW in the bathroom which has an old school faucet. Not very thrilled about it but better than risking a flood. First thing - obviously - is to discuss all of this with the landlady before anything will be done. Thank you all for your input.

Best,

Schorsch

Author: SHEPLMBR70 (VA)

I wouldn't personally use it on that type of faucet

Then she would have TWO or more places to worry about breaking and flooding the kitchen, but those she could not shut off the faucet to stop the flooding

Author: srloren (CA)

Edited this message to delete it.

Edited 1 times.

because it is a countertop dishwasher and would therefor require drilling a hole in the RENTED counter

no matter what or how it may be connected it is a positive lease breaker

Author: srloren (CA)

Yes I saw that I misread the post and thought I deleted the reply...but it didn't delete.

smiling smiley

don't think one can actually delete a post

merely edit

a good thing

smiling smiley

double post

Edited 1 times.

Hey there,

I did of course check my lease and portable DWs are not explicitly forbidden.

Best,

Georg

soooooo, buy one (you have done that) and hook it up WITHOUT modifying or damaging that which you merely RENT

as per your lease CONTRACT

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.