Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Pressure testing PEX lines leading away from a ManaBloc?
Author: Vince48 (VA)

Hi!

I seem to have a very small leak in one of many line leading away from my ManaBloc distribution system. I need to do an air pressure test to identify the culprit and snake in a replacement. For those who may not know the ManaBloc, this link (http://www.viega.us/cps/rde/xbcr/en-...(ManaBloc).pdf) shows the design. I would prefer to not cut off the connectors that are already attached to the tubing (if possible) and would rather do the pressure test with the existing connector.

Does anyone know either: 1) a source for a tool that allows me to do the pressure test with the current connector? or 2) How and where to purchase the needed parts to construct my own pressure test adapter?

Thanks for all possible suggestions!

Vince

Re: Pressure testing PEX lines leading away from a ManaBloc?
Author: packy (MA)

you will need some sort of an air compressor that will get you to at least 100 PSI. then you need to adapt the compressor outlet to hose threads. then a washing machine hose from that to a hose valve on the water pipng.
lastly you may need a spray bottle of bubble solution if you can not hear the leak hissing.

Thanks! I do know how to do a pressure test. What I am looking for is the necessary "adapter" that will allow direct connection to the outlet tubes. I do not want to remove the current connectors to the ManaBloc if I can avoid it.

Vince

Author: hj (AZ)

What is connected TO the outlet tubes? IF they are just capped off, remove the caps and install SOME KIND of fitting that is compatible with your air hose. Personally, for that small of a leak, I would energize the system with water.

Author: packy (MA)

you go to one of the pex pipes sticking out of the wall, cut it and put a 1/2 inch pex by 1/2 inch female adapter. then put a bushing down to 1/4 for the compressor hose to screw to.

Great idea! Thanks!! clap

"IF they are just capped off, remove the caps and install SOME KIND of fitting that is compatible with your air hose. Personally, for that small of a leak, I would energize the system with water."

That is a good idea - attack it from the other side since all of those connections are NPT. Great idea! Thanks!!

I am avoiding water since the tubing is enclosed in completely finished walls and I do not want to make the situation any worse. winking smiley

Vince

Edited 1 times.

"you go to one of the pex pipes sticking out of the wall, cut it and put a 1/2 inch pex by 1/2 inch female adapter. then put a bushing down to 1/4 for the compressor hose to screw to."

Yes, I have considered that but there are close to 20 tubes in the "bundle" that are leading to this one location and that will make the area around the distribution manifold look somewhat messy.

Vince

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.