Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Water on Lower Level
Author: carp8888 (WI)

I just inherited my Fathers Cottage , it's built on a Hill and the lower level your able to go Outside were there is a Lake. OK when I first came here I noticed there were no Faucets on the Back or Lower level of the Home not one. The pipes for the outside Faucets are turned on from the Ceiling in a Closet on the Lower level. I had a plumber/contractor come to do an Esti. for a Bathroom Downstairs I wasn't home when he came but he left a Message saying it "Was Not Possible" I called him about 10 times to find out why and have never gotten a hold of him and he doesn't return my calls so here I am I really don't feel like paying to have someone else look at it. Then I thought about it all THREE BEDROOMS are Downstairs I can't believe my Father liked going up a spiral stairway every time he needed to use the Bathroom at night. I do know that the Septic Tank is probably higher up then the Floor of the Lower level. NOW ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE RIGHT? Maybe it was just way to expensive who knows. This is a Well with a Septic System. Any ideas why I can't have H2O on the Lower level, If there are pipes in the Ceiling it just doesn't makes sense I do know that the Water pressure here is extremely BAD. Any Help will be appreciated . Cj Carp

Re: Water on Lower Level
Author: m & m (MD)

With sewage pumping systems of all variations, there should be no reason why you cannot go ahead with your plans....but, we are lacking firsthand information- something your plumber had.

Author: hj (AZ)

As my Dad used to say, "Anything is possible if you have enough time and money", but since we are not there we cannot tell you how much of both is necessary.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

"Now anything is possible right"?

The septic system would have to be sized to support a 2nd bathroom. The land would have to be of a size and distance from the lake to support a larger system.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

Perhaps the OP is thinking about relocating the bath to downstairs !?

THAT would be possible but would require a sewage ejector system AND decommissioning the upstairs toilet.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Paul48 (CT)

Yeah......A lot of it falls under the "God only knows" category. One thing for sure...plumbers don't run from good work.

Author: srloren (CA)

If the poster was unable to reach the "Plumber" I would say he needs the opinion of a plumber that understands communication. Get another opinion, the job is likely doable but get a qualified opinion from a plumber you trust. Good luck.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.