Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Running water to a small house
Author: yorkfarm (NC)

Hey folks,

I posted earlier with some questions about running water from a well to multiple locations around my property, including a small house located about 150' from the well. I was told to build a 1" PVC manifold at the well and run either polyethylene or pex pipe to the house and other locations.

I've decided that I'm going to use 1" pex buried 18" for the run to the house and I have a few questions. First, is there a fitting (Sharkbite or otherwise) to connect the 1" PVC (at the manifold) to the 1" pex? Second, what is the best way to reduce the 1" pex to 1/2" pex, which I'm going to use for the water lines in the house. And third, will I need some sort of inline pressure reducer before the water goes into the house?

I should also mention that there won't be any inspection of the house, but I want to do things the right way as much as possible.

Thanks!

Re: Running water to a small house
Author: AnokaCountyTornado (MN)

You could set up another manifold at the house that is fed by the 1 inch with multiple 1/2 inch PEX outlets. These manifolds are available at many locations.

As for the regulator. I guess I'm curious as to why you think you need one at the house? Is the well supply pressure really high and if so, why?

Thanks for the information thumbs
Author: yorkfarm (NC)

AnokaCountyTornado,

Thanks for the information. I had just read that sometimes a regulator is required. The pump kicks off at 60 psi, I believe, if that helps at all. Maybe I don't even need one--I don't know.

Edited 1 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

No regulator required unless pressure is 80+psi.

1" buried MINIMUM of 18" is good - aim for 24", settle for 18" smiling smiley

Use the suggested manifold inside house.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: AnokaCountyTornado (MN)

When you said you were going to bury the pipe oly 18", I assumed you were in a non freeze climate. Eighteen inches is fine to protect from damage, but not so good if you live in a northern climate!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.