Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 House on top of the hill, low cycling water pressure
Author: alohatimashby (HI)

Hi, I live in a house on top of a 600 ft peak in Hawaii. We have a pump house about halfway up bringing municipal up the hill. I don't own this house and I don't think the owner is going to spring for additional funds to add pressure. The pressure cycles in about 10 second intervals. We have a standard hot water tank in the garage (solar powered) so I assume it is full. With my (very) novice opinion, the hot water tank should be full and pressurized and the cold water coming up the hill is the problem. I notice a pressure booster in other replies and wanted to see if that could help the situation or would I need something like an auxiliary tank for the cold water? There are two people that live here with an occasional third person. I look forward to your thoughts. Tim

Re: House on top of the hill, low cycling water pressure
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

a water tower at the top of the hill would/might resolve the issue. I don't know who would pay for it.
Hoping for the best.

Best Wishes

Author: m & m (MD)

...The pressure cycles in about 10 second intervals..."
Please explain this further.

Author: alohatimashby (HI)

The pressure is high for about 2-3 seconds then gradually drops for the next 8 seconds, then sprays out high pressure for 2-3 seconds then gradually drops for the next 8 seconds. We are constantly adjusting to the pressure cycle as it continues the entire time the water is on. The pump house has a redundant system with two very large pumps and tanks. We have had an experienced engineer look at the pump house and says the pump system are working at their capacity and he sped up the cycle. That same cycle used to be about 20 seconds and the pressure at the end of the cycle was barely dribbling out. Hope this helps! Thanks, Tim

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.