Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 1-3/4" OC Faucets that are deck mounted
Author: campbem (MO)

Hi, posted this within another string but not sure if it was to buried to find. Hoping someone can recognize this faucet. I have an old "Supremetaline" under bar sink. Got a great deal for it on craigslist. I'd like to restore it but having a VERY hard time finding any information about the faucet. The faucet is 1-3/4" on centers and is deck mounted. I'd like to either restore this faucet or replace it without having to drill more holes in the sink. Any information would be MUCH appreciated. I've looked all over the place and can nothing except reference to a wall mount Perlick faucet with 1-3/4" centers.

Thanks!
Mark C.

[@#$%&[s1175.photobucket.com]][/URL]

Edited 2 times.

Re: 1-3/4" OC Faucets that are deck mounted
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

The picture of the sink is nice, but you should only take a picture of the bar faucet. I only know of one bar faucet with the 1-3/4 inch centers and they are Perlick, based in Milwaukee, Wisc. Central Brass may also make a 2-1/2 inch center bar faucet as well. Can you take a better picture, including the spout. Perlick, uses a square spout assy.

Best Wishes

Edited 1 times.

Here ya go....let me know what you think.

Thanks!!
Mark C.

It looks like Chicago Faucet handles and bonnets and tapered stem with top screw, but its not in any of Chicago Faucet books. T&S Brass, is very similar too with tapered stem and screw, but I didn't see that fitting in their history books.
Can you remove one of the stem assembly?

Best Wishes

Ok...having a hard time getting the nuts off the bottom due to space limitations. Basin wrench will not fit but it looks to have a 1-1/8" nut and I believe I can get a deep well socket on it. Just have to find my deep wells. I'll get back to you with a photo of the stem.

Thanks,
Mark C.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

the stems will remove from the TOP after the packing/bonnet nuts are removed

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Ok...thanks! Here are the stem assemblies:

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
Mark C.

This looks like it but not for sure...

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark C.

Author: hj (AZ)

"Looks like" and being the correct one can be two different animals.

Yeah, this is like a crap shoot... Here's another by Dick Brothers with 16 spline end and measures exactly 2-1/4" in length...same as mine....and the course valve threads look to be identical but who knows.

I guess the only way I'll know that it fits is if I order and then hope for a return if it doesn't fit. Sure wish I could ID this faucet. It's so illusive!

Thanks,
Mark C.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

[arpny.com]

they will also machine/duplicate an obsolete part

more 'user friendly': [www.brasscraft.com]

good luck

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

A new bibb flat washer should restore the stem to almost new. What about the seat, inside the body? Is it removeable?

Best Wishes

This is a solid unit. the only thing that is removable is the seat under the brass screw, oposite the Spline end. Is that the "seat"? looks like this seat would just screw down over the inlet pipe.

Thanks,
Mark C.

They don't seem to have an email? ...do they??

Thanks!
Mark C.

The rubber bibb washer is held in with a screw. Inside the body of the faucet should be a round shape mating surface where the bibb washer mates to shut off the water completely. A scarred surface with nicks as small a a piece of hair, will allow water to pass. Often this mating surface (seat) can be removed for replacement.

Your faucet is pre-1950 and probably into the early 40's. Almost any hardware store has a stem chart/stem book that you can compare you stem with others to determine its origin.

Best Wishes

Thanks so much everyone for your help! and thanks especially to Wheelchair!! smileys with beer

Thanks so much everyone for your help! and thanks especially to Wheelchair!! I know I'll get this back in shape soon and put it to good use in my basement brewery. I'll update you all when I positively ID the faucet so if one of these comes around again, their will be some information on it for others.

Thanks again,
Mark C.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.