Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kitchen sink clogged moved downstairs to Washer machine Sink
Author: Spiderman4 (NJ)

We just moved into our home and the sink clogged up. We ran a small snake and then punched water through with the hose. The clog now moved down the pipe it seems to the washer machine and now that sink got clocked. We opened the pipe downstairs and found so so much grease inside, like clay paste. We then tried to run the small snake and water but no help. Are next step is to try a bigger snake from Home Depot. We will run the larger snake into both lines. Should we run it into the main as well. ? I mean the pipe is clogged with thick grease gunk.

Re: Kitchen sink clogged moved downstairs to Washer machine Sink
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

" JUST MOVED IN" doesn't tell us a lot to help you. Are you renting? Are you Leasing? Did you purchase the house? If it is not your properly, contact the owner of the property and have them contact a professional to clear n clean the lines.

Now if it is your New/Old house, be careful. If you use too small of a cable, you are merely poking holes and you will not resolve the clog. If you use chemicals, save your receipts for a refund, as chemicals don't work and can damage your waste line.

Consider a licensed professional. A licensed plumber to clear and clean your lines. In the long run, it will be much cleaner with the right equipment. And its safer as you don't know what preceded your arrival.

Best Wishes

Yes it's my home, just purchase it. We cleared a lot of th lines with a snake we rented from Home Depot, what a mess. There is a lot of grease built up and corrosion, like thick clay. The pipes are not pvc and the house is a little of, 1961. I will use some products to help clear the lines. If they clog again I will get help from a professional.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

If you insist on using chemicals, save your receipts. Most offer money back warranty when the product doesn't work. Was the house inspected by a professional before you purchased it? After years of bacteria and human waste, I hope you got your plumber's shots, wear leak-pruf gloves that go up to your elbows and don't rub your nose. To ensure that your pipes are clean, consider having them Hydro-Jetted. This way you know they are clear n clean.
Happy Holidays.

Best Wishes

Home was inspected of course, just the timing I guess. We did our hydro-jetting and worked pretty goid with the hose. I will ask about a professional

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.