Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Toilet Running, no visible float
Author: MandyM (Non-US)

My toilet is continuously filling but I can't find the float. There's the tube with the buttons, an overflow tube and a sealed grey box connected to a tube to the bottom of the cistern inside it. The grey box has CL and a line on it, so I presume it gets the level from there. But it doesn't unscrew or unclip easily so it's hard to tell. How can I adjust the fill level please?

Re: Toilet Running, no visible float
Author: packy (MA)

is this it?

Author: MandyM (Non-US)

Unfortunately no. It's more like this:

But no hose.

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

If it shut off at one time, but doesn't any longer, then adjusting the "float" will not work. But to adjust the level, you probably have to push the top unit down, twist the shaft, the push or pull the unit to the water level you want, then twist it back and pull up.

Author: srloren (CA)

That type of ball cock is not approved in So Cal as it does not conform to ASSE 1002. So I would check to see if your building department allows such a device without an air gap to be installed in your toilet. The concern is backflow into your potable water system. Once the water is in your toilet tank it is contaminated and cannot be allowed to re-enter your system. A former neighbor now passed away, invented the first valve like that and it was turned down by those who approve such devices.

Edited 1 times.

Author: steve (CA)

The valve shown by the OP has a critical level marked on it and is adjustable to about the same heights as a Fluidmaster 400. It's not a drowned valve like Packy posted.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.