Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Drainage pipe behind diswasher
Author: daveandlin (Non-US)

We have started putting in a new kitchen and ran into an issue with where the dishwasher is going. The drainage pipe is running into the area where the dishwasher should slide into. What is the best way to fix this issue?

There is a stud/support to the right hand side as well, as there is a window above and to the right that you can't see in the pictures.

Hopefully you can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 times.

Re: Drainage pipe behind diswasher
Author: packy (MA)

pictures will not open

Sorry about that, I have fixed the pictures I hope.

Author: RRWA (WA)

I wonder if the dishwasher would actually hit that pipe. Most dishwashers do not slide back all the way. Have you tried it yet?

Another idea: It may be possible to cut off a small piece of the plastic on the dishwasher to accommodate it.

Thanks for the reply big grin

Thanks for the reply. I'm just going by what the measurement drawings said, which is to have 24" of space available. We'll physically try it tonight and see if it fits.

Thanks!

Edited 1 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

the back of a dishwasher is CURVED

more than likely you are ok

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

The 24" width is at the cabinet face. I feel sure it'll clear the pipe.

I think it might depend on where the dishwasher is supposed to line up with the cabinets. Here is the sizing info from Kitchenaid:

[www.kitchenaid.com]

Some further info:

The pipe sticks out at the furthest point about 3"

The cabinets are around 24 3/4" deep when including the distance from the walls. The doors are on top of this.

Edited 1 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

the specs are to a readily compressible/moveable sound insulation blanket whitch 'probably' covers the curved sides

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.