Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 90 deg toilet drain
Author: Levism19 (TX)

I had to use a 90 deg 4 in fitting to tap into the main drain due to a pier being so close. Is this ok? Can't figure out how to load a picture.

Re: 90 deg toilet drain
Author: steve (CA)

We need a picture. I prefer to upload my photo to tinypic.com and then follow the instructions at the link below .

[www.plbg.com]

The pic came out sideways but that's the 90 I'm concerned about just after the longsweep

Edited 2 times.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

It's a code violation. You need to use a wye and 45 on it's back to catch the upstairs, that'll give you room to get a long sweep 90 in there. It could also use a cleanout tee in the vertical stack .

Edited 1 times.

Ok. That's a vent no upstairs. Should I still do that?

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Are you going to catch a lavatory off the 3" vent ? If so you could use a long 90 at the base of the vent and use a wye downstream to catch the toilet.
What's going into the back of the toilet drain ?

Thanks for you expert opinion thumbs

Aah... it's starting to make sense to me know. Shouldn't have glued everything lol. Looks I'm cutting and getting more fittings. Oh well. Thanks for you expert opinion.

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

It has nothing to do with "upstairs". It is to enable you to unplug the underfloor piping.

Gotcha I just want to get it all the best possible way before closing the floor

Better?

Edited 1 times.

Author: Zgib (NV)

Much better. And legal this time around. smiling smiley

Awesome! Thanks again clap

Awesome! Thanks again.

Edited 1 times.

Author: steve (CA)

The non-shielded "Fernco" coupling, at the cast iron to Pvc transition, might not pass inspection. Might need to be a shielded transition coupling.

Author: packy (MA)

how are you going to snake the new long sweep if it gets a clog?

Will get a shielded one. There is a clean out about 12 ft away. Too far?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.