Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Washer will not drain water
Author: JackieD1210 (VA)

I have a Maytag Neptune Front load washer. I just put a new door lock on it cause it would not lock so the washer would work. I tested it by putting a large towel in to wash and see if it was working OK. It worked until water was suppose to drain and it stopped working. Water will not drain and go into next cycle because of the water in the tub. Checked for clogs in the hose but nothing there. Is there a pump that drains the water and might it have broke. I wish I still had a top load washer. I can't find my manual.
I appreciate any help I might get.
Thank You
Jackie

Re: Washer will not drain water
Author: m & m (MD)

Yes, all washers have a pump (post 1960's). It seems improbable that a door lock and pump would simultaneously fail.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

I'll tell my story, cuz...ya never know. I had the same issue about ten years ago. It wasn't a front loader though. It had a drum switch that I purchased, and installed for about $110. Of course this didn't fix the problem, and it was then that I noticed that somehow, none of the buttons were pushed, which should have been impossible. It worked just fine when I pushed a cycle button in.

From what I've been told, frontloaders are notorious for getting coins in the pump.

Thank You smiling smiley

Thank you, What started it all was my daughter loaded my washer like it was a front load at a Laundry, she over loaded it and it would not drain or wash. I had to take over half the cloths out of washer and then the door stopped locking. Water went all over the floor. I mean it flooded my bathroom. I thought the only problem was the door not staying shut. So I bought the new door lock and replaced the broken one. I think more happened when she over loaded the washer than I thought. If it is clogged I can't find it.
Thank You
Jackie

Edited 1 times.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

I left out the fact that my daughter-in-law was using the washer when it stopped draining. They think that as long as the lid closes, they're good-to-go. I have replaced many drive belts on washing machines,and the plastic cap that goes over the outer drum to the inner, which can only be knocked off by over-loading.

Author: hi (TX)

[www.youtube.com] how to unclog your front loader washer pump

Hi to Texas

Thank You for the Video on cleaning front load washer drain pump. I will be trying everything tomorrow.

Once again
Thank You
Jackie

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.