Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Water Pooling Along Side of Tub
Author: Parrazola (GA)

I bought my home a year ago and started having this problem yesterday. Water is pooling along the top edge of the bathtub where it meets the wall. It seems random and when I wipe it, it feels like the material of the tub has an indentation where the water was sitting. What could cause this and how may I fix it? Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Water Pooling Along Side of Tub
Author: Paul48 (CT)

What kind of covering is on the tub walls?

It's this smooth plastic like surface, no tiles.

If there is an indentation along the top edge of the tub, it would have been there from the time it was installed. What made you notice it now?

I noticed it when I wiped at the water that was pooling. I wish I could post a picture. This never happened before. My husband thinks the showerhead is leaking water and causing the pooling, could this be it?

Oh....you are saying the water re-appears after being wiped, when the shower is not in use?

No, only after showers. And only on the side where the tub meets the wall

Author: packy (MA)

unless you want to rip out the walls so you can tilt the tub a little, there isn't much you can do.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

ditto

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Why would this happen from one day to the next?

Author: srloren (CA)

If your tub is not level from the front to the wall, you will have a pocket for water to collect each time you use the shower. There is no easy fix because of the way the tub was installed. There is certain blocking requirements and possibly a 2x4 ledge that the tub would rest on to prevent sagging and support the tub that prevents the tub from moving when it is full of water and you are in it. Normally there is also a mix of concrete and sand that is poured before you set the tub to support it the full length for weight in the tub. This work is completed prior to the drywall being installed, when the tub waste and overflow is tested.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.