Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Water to house back on and working except in kitchent
Author: moorek (CT)

Yesterday our neighborhood had a water main break necessitating water to our homes being temporarily turned off. Several hours later, the water to our homes came back. A usual, we had the loud noises, discolored water and air pockets being forced through the pipes before everything began flowing normal. In our kitchen, however, though we initially had the same normal occurrence of noise, air and discolored water through our kitchen sink faucets, come this morning, when we turned on the kitchen sink faucet, no water flows. It appears to be affecting our dishwasher operation as well, as I assume it is connected to the same water source. Water is flowing properly everywhere else in our house - sinks, toilets, outside hose faucet, etc. Before I engage a plumber to help, can anyone advise what might be the cause why no water pressure in the kitchen sink and if there is a simple fix?? This has nover happened before. Thank you.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Water to house back on and working except in kitchent
Author: hj (AZ)

If it is just the sink, then the aerator on the end of the spout is clogged. If it affects the dishwasher also, then the problem has to be in the valve at the wall under the sink.

Thank you very much thumbs
Author: moorek (CT)

Thank you very much. I think the dishwasher is affected. Little, if any, water is gettting throught to it when I tried it. What I can't understand is that when the city water came on again, initially, the water came through the sink faucet just as you would expect it to - forcefully, noisily, discolored, air pockets, etc., just like elsewhere in the house. Then, I went and turned it on this morning and - nothing came out, not so much as a drop. How could this happen?

Edited 1 times.

Author: dlh (TX)

it is usually trash in the line breaking loose and clogging the aerator but since you have a problem with the d.w. also then it has to be in the valve under the sink or the pipe in the wall clogged up

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Author: packy (MA)

since the dishwasher is fed with only hot water, i find it hard to believe the debris worked its way thru the water heater. is it possible "yes".. is it probable "no"..

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.