Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 uhhhhhh what?
Author: TestTickles (NJ)

Ok, maybe someone can clear this up for me. 2 weeks ago, across the street from my home and 3 houses down, PSE&G ripped up their sidewalk after discovering a gas leak. Apparently it was repaired, only to find out from a neighbor 3 houses down from my home, on my side of the street was another gas leak AND a problem with the sewer line.
So, 3 days ago, they started digging up in front of their home all the way into their driveway. Then, beginning yesterday, my neighbor2 houses down from me had their gas shut off, yet never turned back on. That night, our kitchen sink started to back up. I thought it was possibly just a simple clog. So, as I started to plunge the drain, just an unbelievable amount of sludge was coming up, yes it was sewage.

With all this digging up PSE&G have been doing these past several days for damaged gas lines, then by magic the sewage line apparently damaged 3 houses down, is the problem Im having now be a result of these half-ass'd dig-dug real life video gamers?

We have a plumber coming tomorrow and in my mind, the final bill I get for this should be the township of Kearny, NJs responsibility to pay.

can anyone provide me some insight or things I should be aware of, asking about or making sure I cover my arse with this fiasco?

Thanks
Vinny "Eyes"

Re: uhhhhhh what?
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

The plumber that's coming tomorrow should be able to give you a definite answer, If your pipe is clogged then the town is not responsible. If the city main is backed up then you are an innocent victim.

Author: packy (MA)

when you plunge a blocked sink, sewage is supposed to come up.
nothing the town did could cause you kitchen drain to clog.

Author: ravi102769 (VA)

Unless your kitchen sink is the lowest fixture in the home it is just a coincidence.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.