Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Help identifying an un-labelled shower body
Author: pjlindberg (NY)

Hi all, hoping someone can identify the make & model of my shower body, which was put in by previous homeowners circa 2003-2005.
See pics in links below, showing both shower head and main trim/thermostatic controller.
The controller has no identifying marks, brand name, or any info on it, inside or out -- nothing to indicate make & model. Have asked several plumbers and supply houses and none recognized it. It's at least a decade old.
The shower head (which may not be same brand) is labelled American Allstream -- but again, not sure if it came with the rest of the shower body.
I’m mainly concerned about the main controller as the cartridge is busted and needs replacing, but I can’t replace without knowing brand & model. If anyone has ideas, would be grateful for the help!
Thanks,
Peter
PICS POSTED HERE:
[imageshack.com]
[imageshack.com]
[imageshack.com]
[imageshack.com]

Re: Help identifying an un-labelled shower body
Author: packy (MA)

whatever brand it is, the manufacturer is speakman. so some company bought speakman components and used their own trim.
didn't know speakman made a thermostatic cartridge but I've been wrong before.
[www.google.com]

Author: hj (AZ)

What "identifies" it as Speakman valve. The shower head is now a "generic" item, no longer a Speakman exclusive and is NOT necessarily part of the original installation.

no screws holding faceplate and little lever at top.

many companies used speakman parts.
i'm jut making a guess .

Thanks Packy & HJ big grin

Thanks Packy & HJ. I think the shower head is prob unrelated, just posted pics on the off-chance it was.
It's a 3-handle valve, btw (levers on top for shower & bottom for tub plus temp lever in center). Someone thought it looked like Hansgrohe but they usually have their name on the trim.

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

What about the little lever on the bottom? Doesn't that count for something?

the little lever at the bottom certainly counts for something. i am unable to find anything like it on the internet.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

If you can carefully disassemble the valve (with the water off) and get to the cartridge, or even the valve itself, you may have better luck identifying the manufacturer, or be able to match the parts up.

Thanks! Yes, I disassembled and have the cartridge in hand now, will bring to a supply store to see if someone can ID...

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.