Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 washing machine relocation in a 2 car garage
Author: Racine_usmc (CA)

My 2 car garage is pretty standard but my problem is that where the washer is currently it makes the garage too small. I'm a wood worker and my wood shop would benefit a great deal from having the washer and dryer against the back wall of the garage. The dryer, I think I have figured out. However the washer I'm not so sure.

The proposed relocation is approximately 7 feet to the back of the garage next to the water heater. My first question is: can this even be done? Or do i have to live with where it is....

I'm prepared to to cut a trench diagonally about 8ft long in the slab for the drain but not really sure if that would work. Then was considering getting the water supply lines over to the back as well. Could I run those in the slab for that 8ft or so and then up to my new connections? Another thing I thought about is that the water heater would be right next to it. Would I be able to use any water from any one of those supply's? Since they are already there in the wall.

Anyone that would be able to answer these questions would be a lifesaver since it sure would help a lot to get these in a location that would make my small garage bigger which is much needed. I'll post some pictures to best describe what I have in front of me
Thanks so much

The first photo shows the washer and dryer where they are now and the water heater which is covered by the encloser which is where I'm wanting to relocate the washer and dryer right next to the water heater and under those cabinets that I made.

Second photo is of the exiting plumbing.

Third photo: picture of the other side of the door which leads to the outside. The drain in which the washer is draining into which has a cap on it shown at the bottom left hand corner with the water bottle on top.One thing to make note of is: that door as shown leads to the outside and the main drain line is directly outside which I'll also try and depict.

Please excuse the condition of the house. This is my first house which is what I could afford even with my veteran loan. It's been a lot of work to renovate and bring up to living conditions. Thanks again for anyone that can help me out on this.

Semper Fi!

Ryan

[@#$%&[imageshack.com]][/URL]

[@#$%&[imageshack.com]][/URL]

Edited 3 times.

Re: washing machine relocation in a 2 car garage
Author: Anonymous User

WASHING MACHINE take huge electric enegry. So, we should be more careful on using WASHING MACHINE. We must know some thing that how we use "WASHING MACHINE". I find some great and effective way to use WASHING MACHINE. I hope it's also be helpful for us too. So, you can also check out some way.

[plumbers-in-london.co.uk]

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.