Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 NEED HELP WATER LEAKING FROM USTAIRS SINK INTO OFFICE BELOW
Author: itslisa (CA)

i have upstairs sink which is located directly above my office (which used to be the laundry room with washer/dryer hook-up in the wall of my office. When faucet turned on upstairs the water comes out of the recessed opening where the old washer hot/cold hook-ups are located. Can someone give me an idea as to what the problem is and how I can fix it? There is approximately 5-6 feet between sink and where the water is coming out. Thank you so much for any help or ideas ( : P.S. I have a garage below my office which is where the washer and dryer are now....recently my washer will not fill up with water????? I don't know if this problem is related to the problem with the sink, but thought I'd mention it.

Re: NEED HELP WATER LEAKING FROM USTAIRS SINK INTO OFFICE BELOW
Author: KCRoto (MO)

It sounds like you have a blockage under the floor and the washer standpipe wasn't capped off, so the water is backing up at the lowest point after the clog. I would recommend getting a professional drain cleaning company out and have the line cleaned. Make sure that they warranty their work.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Some jobs require professional intervention and this sounds like one of them. You mentioned "office" and I'm sure you have a major investment in that office and want to resolve this plumbing issue as quickly as possible.

Call a Licensed Plumber and have peace of mind.
Best Wishes

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

The 2 problems are probably not related. The washer not filling can usually be traced to a clogged inlet screen or a valve that's turned off.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.