Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Low pressure on two faucets.
Author: samanthatieman86 (CA)

Let me start by saying I am NOT a plumber, neither is my husband or my father. Let me also add that had our home inspector caught this problem we would not have bought our house at all. I hope someone out there can shed some light on what the hell is wrong with our water.
Shortly after we moved in to our single story home, we noticed that the hot water in our kitchen sink and master bath sink had very little pressure. We called our insurance, had a plumber come take a peak and he suggested that because of the layout and the affected faucets there likely was a restriction of some kind and told us we needed to completely 're pipe the house. This made very little sense, seeing as the problem was only in two sinks. And for the estimate he gave us and the construction involved (he told us we would have to rip out the brand new granite backsplash and master shower) we couldn't and wouldn't do it.
fast forward to today, while replacing the old flooring we found mold in our hall way. Turns out we have a leaking hall shower faucet. Which we were quoted$600 to fix. Well a $0.54 o ring seems to have fixed that problem. But my father and husband thought that while the house is already torn up, why not fix the hot water line. So we abandoned the old hot water in the kitchen and master bath. And used pex piping to T into the hall bath (where the faucet pressure was great!) And bring it to the other two faucets. Seemes simple.....
Well now none of our faucets have pressure, except when we turn on the cold water in the hall bath the other sinks get good pressure from the hot line, albeit cold water. The showers work great, and have had great pressure all along. It's just not making any sense. And my poor husband is so defeated by the whole project. Any suggestions. ANYTHING!? would be appreciated.

Re: Low pressure on two faucets.
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Have you checked the faucet aerators to make sure they are clean ? It does sound like you might have some debris that's clogging the screens.

Re: Low pressure on two faucets.
Author: KCRoto (MO)

check the aerators first, and if it isn't those:

shut off the water at the stops and remove the supply lines to the faucet. Point the line into an empty 5 gallon bucket and turn it on. Flush for 5 full seconds. If it flushes, then reattach the line to the faucet, and take the line off the stop, and put it into the bucket. Take a towel and press it firmly onto the spout and turn the water to warm; this should back flush the cold through the faucet into the hot side and wash out any debris that may have gotten lodged in the supply lines. While you are under the sink, get a flashlight and look at the supply lines, I suspect that it is actually the supply lines that feed the faucets that are crimped because someone didn't use 2 wrenches when installing the water supplies.
A hot water distribution problem like you described initially doesn't normally indicate an actual water line blockage unless the two faucets are back to back, but you indicated master bath, which generally doesn't back up to a kitchen. I may be wrong, but since the problem was isolated to 2 low flow faucets, only on the hot water, and everything else everywhere is fine, including cold to the same faucets.. It screams to me that someone kinked the supply lines on the hot water side.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.