Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kitchen faucet advice please!
Author: kathy642 (WI)

I've asked about kitchen faucets before and I know everyone has their favorites, but I have narrowed it down(or so I thought), except there seem to be quite a few bad reviews on the one I was considering, so I thought I'd ask here for opinions on it.

I'm looking at the Delta Cassidy pull-out(not pull-down). I like the look of it and the dimensions. Not too tall yet the spout to deck is tall enough to get tall pots under, plus it has a long reach(spout length). Some say don't get one with a plastic sprayer head. Stick with metal. Plus, a couple people said it leaked after awhile and most say it's hard to pull-out and get back in. All the good reviews seem to be from people that just installed it and haven't had it very long when they wrote the review.

I can't seem to find any other faucet with the same or close to the same dimensions. All pull-downs are too tall with too short of a reach(how far spout sticks out into sink). The 1 or 2 others I looked at did not come in a darker bronze color that I want. I was also looking at the Moen Wetherly or Braemore with separate side spray because they have the right dimensions and I like the look of them, but have heard the water flow/pressure is quite low. I've heard pull-outs have better pressure, plus, I've heard side sprays can have more problems.

I think I want to stay with Delta or Moen, because they have good service and lifetime warranty on parts and finish. I'm also trying to stay around or below $400.

Anyone have any experience with this faucet or know anything about it? Or have a faucet you can recommend? Yes, I know everyone has their favorites and might like something someone else doesn't, but at this point, any suggestions of a good faucet would really help. Is the Cassidy pull-out good or I look at something else? Thanks!

Re: Kitchen faucet advice please!
Author: bernabeu (SC)

my favorite:

[www.deltafaucet.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

bernabeu, I like the look of the Delta Signature faucet and it's got a pretty good reach(9"winking smiley, but I'm hoping for a bit longer reach. Closer to 10" if possible. Also, the faucet height from spout to deck is less than 7". I'm looking for over 7", closer to 8" or a bit higher. I also noticed it doesn't come in a darker bronze color, which I really want. It would be perfect if the spout height were higher and it came in a darker bronze. Thanks for the suggestion.

If anyone knows of any other faucets that you like and might work for me, please let me know. Thanks!

the height to deck is not critical

the height to bottom of sink IS

(swivel faucet aside, put pot in sink, fill pot, etc)

plastic vs metal pull-out is not an issue ~ lifetime warranty IS

oiled bronze is a 'stickler' - good luck

ps.

my 'signature' is mounted between two compartments, wife was a professional cook (not chef), loves it

berabeu, thanks for the insight. I never thought about the fact that the spout can be swung to the side to get a taller pot under it. I will look at the Signature faucet again, since I do like the look of it. Thanks!

polished chrome can always be matched 'down the road'

or:

10" reach

6" height - seems to be a basic standard

if it is your style

[www.moen.com]

pricy

take your time - get what YOU want, not 'what they have in stock' - good luck

Edited 1 times.

Thanks berabeu! If anyone else has another faucet to recommend, please do. I would just like to see which faucets others like. smiling smiley

Author: srloren (CA)

One thing that Plumbers should do is change the old fashon thinking about stub outs under the sink being 8" apart and centered on the sink. The best stub out for water under a sink is 20" apart so the spray hose does not get tangled up with the angle stops and cause consternation.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

They all still meet in the same 1.5" space where the lines come through the countertop, so the point is moot. Having a weighted hose is a better option since the weight will pull the hose straight and keep any tangles out. If it doesn't have a weight, get a round padlock and attach to the hose.

Can anyone tell me the minimum space needed from spout to bottom of sink to fit tall pots to fill/wash without bumping the faucet?

Also, should I look for a faucet with the braided stainless hose or is the black hose ok also? I was told either is good.

I know bernabeu said it doesn't matter if the sprayer head is plastic or metal, but I've heard from others that metal is better. Wouldn't metal be better quality and last longer than a plastic sprayer head? I'd like to know what others think.

Any other faucets to recommend/stay away from? Thanks!

spout to bottom of sink dimension is dependent on the depth of the sink more than the height of the faucet as most faucets are 6" high

ps.

the Delta signature (formerly called 'waterfall') has a VERY well made plastic 'head' and a metal body/spout

to repeat; short of a commercial spray unit with s/s sink, my pro cook likes it

Author: ravi102769 (VA)

Newport Brass is a high quality faucet manufacturer that you may want to look at. I have used them on several projects with no issues. They have a lifetime warranty on finish and ceramic cartridges.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.