Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 2lb gas question
Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

I rarely do 2lb gas..maybe 2x ever in my career.....i have a house with 1,200,000 btu's in it im working on right now

im looking in my National Fuel gas code book...table 6.2(c)....this is the correct table right

100' its telling me 1" will handle 1,710,000 btu's

im shocked 1" can handle so much, so i just thought id verify it here...i expected 1 1/4

thanks

Re: 2lb gas question
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Yes, that's correct. It surprising how much more of a load you can run with 2 PSI.

its a 6.5 bath house, 5,000 sq ft....also has outdoor grill/fire pit, 2 fp, 2 dryers(lake house), 3 furnaces, 1 modine, 1 boiler..........yes only 1 75 gallon water heater...trying to fix that flaw!

thanks for the verification....i just wanted to make sure i was reading it right...i know on normal pressure gas id be probably at 3" or higher...his last house was 2" ......i decided its easier/cheaper to get 10- 1/2" regulators for $25 each than mess around with large gas piping...

thanks!

Author: Paul48 (CT)

Is that new construction wauk? What's the heat loss for the house? If it's new, I'd expect it to be under 100k/btus, total.

new construction...have no idea about heat loss......i am expecting the boiler for the basement level, 1 furnace for 1/2 the house, 2nd furnace for the other 1/2 and the 3rd furnace for the bonus room over the garage.....

more BTU's than ive ever dealt with before...intimidating......easy to run a 1" trunk line though the middle of the house and run wardflex to each fixture with a regulator....probably put the regulators right off the main trunk line...going to look nice and pretty

any idea what BTU to put on a firepit??? ive run gas to fire pits before, but never know what to assume....i can guess its like a log lighter for a fp and put 50,000 btu on it.....its most likely much less

Author: KCRoto (MO)

I was wondering what a gas grill runs at. I was thinking of installing an outside connection but it seems like a real PITA running it above ground to the deck. If someone knows what a fire pit is, I imagine a grill can't be too much past that.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

wauk.......Even if it's a custom fire pit, the burners gotta have a rating on it. You gotta contact the guy building or installing it. You don't want to guess at 50, and find out they are building a torch like the Olympic stadium, and its 500k/btus.

i know....builder will figure it out....i will be running 3/4 out there...planning on just a log lighter kit...i assume its just like a fireplace...they want something to get the fire lit

i did some firebowls...they were 100,000 btu each.....so if they plan on a bon fire via natural gas it could be 500,000 btu

i will find out when the time comes...i got a btu list from the builder and he left the fire put empty.....i will just run 3/4 and cap it....let someone else do it at a later time....gas lines are 1 month away....just planning early..im sure it will be figured out by then

thanks!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.