Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Diaphragm Pressure Tank leaking, steady flow, need to remove it and fix leak not replace...
Author: CBD123 (SC)

So I got city water about 8 months ago, I have no need for the pump house or anything in it, noticed the backyard was flooded, and the blue pressure tank just has water pouring out the bottom and around the sides where the blue meets the black part, how do I remove this tank and plug the hole? I just dont know if I need to cut the PVC pipe going to the tank or if theres a way to twist it and it disconnects from the black base or what any help please?

Re: Diaphragm Pressure Tank leaking, steady flow, need to remove it and fix leak not replace...
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I would cut the PVC pipe going to the tank and glue a cap on it.

Re: Diaphragm Pressure Tank leaking, steady flow, need to remove it and fix leak not replace...
Author: packy (MA)

or slide on a sharkbite cap.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

Turn off the power to the pump. The tank should unscrew. From there you can either replace the tank or simply install a plug into the old threads. Personally, I would keep the well and have it supply the outside hose faucets; it is a really cheap way to water the garden and wash cars if you desire.

"I would keep the well and have it supply the outside hose faucets"
if we do that in MA we have to have a testable backflow preventer on the city water service entering the house.
no telling when or if a homeowner would decide to use the well water to fill a toilet and save some money. all sorts of cross connections possible.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

If a pro did repiped it, they know better; if a homeowner did it, they won't get it inspected and thus won't install a back flow regardless. Seems a little anal on the part of the city considering. Just saying.

it is not the city, it is a state of MA plumbing code.
they want to be 100% sure that no well water can get back into the public water supply.
anyway, a homeownwr can not perform plumbing in their own home unless they hold a valid MA plumbing license.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.