Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Two toilets clogged
Author: RusH78 (SC)

My toilets are clogged. I used the toilet in one bathroom today and I guess I used to much paper. I tried using the plunger but that didn't work and made the problem worse I think. Because my other toilet got clogged. I guess I pushed the blockage deeper because the plunger won't work on either one and the auger I bought seems to be to short. When kept trying to use the plunger, after the second toilet got clogged and before I bought the auger, water was bubbling up out of the drain in the tub and shower in one bathroom and out of the tub drain in the other. The auger I bought wasn't the rigid kind plumbers use. It's the smaller flexible kind. I probably should have bought the rigid one. Anyway, I think I made the problem worse. Is there anything else I can try before I have to dish out $250-$300 to a plumber?

Re: Two toilets clogged
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

I always hate when that happens. Remember, its not an expense, but rather the cost for an education... from a licensed professional that has the knowledge, experience and proper equipment to unclog your toilets. Before you start playing with the bacteria that can cause serious infections, make sure you have had your necessary shots. Don't forget those elbow length rubber gloves.

It might be cheaper to hire a licensed plumber.
Best Wishes

Author: srloren (CA)

Is this a home or multi story condo? Is it single story? If its a single story, you can get upon the roof with a hose and a balloon type attachment you get from Home Depot for clearing stoppages, you can have someone trun on the water after your drop the hose end attachment down the drain as far as you can go before you turn the water on to blast out the drain. Be sure you have someone able to yell to you if the water comes out of the tub or shower. If that happens the stoppage is farther down the drain pipe and you should have it snaked by someone that knows what they are doing. Communication is important so you don't damage property inside the home.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

The blockage at this point is in the main sewer line, and it may have been there before you tried flushing the first time. Your best bet is to get an experienced professional involved and get the drain cleared. Professional drain equipment is heavy, dangerous, and best when operated by someone both trained and experienced; even guys new to the trade can get hurt because of inexperience, regardless of training. A professional drain cleaner can have you operational in very short order and you don't have to risk personal injury or property damage. Nobody likes paying plumbers, but having working plumbing is a better option than sponge baths and a bucket.

Author: RusH78 (SC)

Thanks, that's what i'll have to do.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.