Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Indirect hot water tank
Author: grampmel (CT)

We installed a Weil Mclain Indirect hot water heater. We shower maybe 2minutes and it goes to cold. We put new dip tube and therstat. Cic works the pipes are hot coming in and going out. Hot and cold are pipe right. the dip tube is in the cold water side... I notice there was another post same heater doing same thing. BillM NJ I am looking for help.

Re: Indirect hot water tank
Author: Paul48 (CT)

I have more questions than answers. Review the install instructions. If you don't have them, I may be able to find them for you.These type of problems are usually caused by failure to follow the manufacturers instructions. Installers, sometimes, don't even open the manual packet. They don't use the correct size pipe, to and from the boiler, and under-pump it. They will run the boiler temp too low. Set the tank thermostat too low. Not install a thermostatic mixing valve.

Author: Plumberpalmer (MA)

What is the make and model if the boiler does it have a outdoor tempature sensor ? If so it is most likely wired wrong.

No we don't have an out side sensor. I don't like them on a single home. Rentals fine.

Author: packy (MA)

when the shower goes cold is the water hot at other faucets?

No ,it goes cold at the faucet too.

doesn't the weil mclain have a third tapping ontop for a recirc pump? if so that would be a possibility??

No it don't

my last guess then i'm out of ideas.. are the hot and cold reversed?

I can't thank you enought for trying applause

Where would I get the installion manual. This might be a big help to me. I can't thank you enought for trying.
Paul 48

Edited 2 times.

Author: ravi102769 (VA)

Is this a new problem or has it always happened?

I just put tank in .

Just put tank in.

Author: ravi102769 (VA)

Did you replace an existing tank? If yes, did the old tank work? Your best bet would be to post this question on WWW.heatinghelp.com

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.