Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Red potato clogging toilet
Author: Luckijinks (WV)

Boy oh boy do I have a problem. I have a red potato clogging my toilet. Its been in there for about 5 days now. If the toilet is flushed it just fills up and after a few hours the water drains. By the way, the potato got there because my 3 year old thought it would be fun to throw it in the toilet and my 2 year old was standing there and flushed it before I could get to them. It was flushed last night and it did overflow this 1 time so I turned the water off to the toilet. Im not the handiest gal around but I can follow instructions pretty well and I'm a fast learner. And at this time I can absolutely not afford to call a plumber. I guess I will start by cleaning the toilet out now. My 3 year old has done #2 in the potty and it will not go down so this is gonna be a nasty job. And probably don't matter but it was a raw potato lol. I have to laugh to keep myself from crying lol. I do have a snake here, never used it but I can try. Anyway can anyone help me with this. Not a lot of info online about having a raw red potato stuck in your potty. Thanks so much.

Re: Red potato clogging toilet
Author: KCRoto (MO)

Actually, you are in decent shape all in all. It is highly unlikely that the potato has made it out of the toilet itself and you can either use a closet auger to snake the stool, and cut the corkscrew end of the auger into the potato and pull it out, or pull the stool and take it outside and use the snake from the rear to push the potato out. Pulling the stool is more of a guarantee, but also much more work. This is a job for a closet auger, not a normal drain snake. Get and use a quality auger like this and it will last for many, many years; the cheaper wal-mart ones are shorter and weaker and don't work well. Most people buy the cheap one and then end up buying the more expensive model shortly afterward.

Thanks for the help; smiling smiley
Author: Luckijinks (WV)

I am going today to buy an auger. Thanks for the help and I'll be sure to let ya know if it works. Wish me luck lol.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.