Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Moen 1225 with Lever Handle in shower
Author: bwhit (OH)

I just changed a Moen 1225 cartridge to a new 1225. The old one was getting hard to pull out. All went OK until I put everything back together. The pull of the handle is fine but when you turn it left or right for hot or cold, the handle falls down to the down position as if the handle is too heavy - it actually then returns to the central position giving you half cold and half hot water. Its as if the stem is not in the cartridge tight enough to hold the weight of the handle - I have tried two cartridges thinking that I might have had a bad one...

Has anyone had this issue before or any suggestions?.

Re: Moen 1225 with Lever Handle in shower
Author: Doug E. (CA)

Did you follow step by step install instructions or did you just go for it like an experienced plumber?

Not sure what step is missing or wrong in your install, but there's at least one.

picture is worth a thousand words if you could upload the dissembled valve with parts laid out as if in sequential order of planned re-install.

Author: hj (AZ)

There is too much lubricant on the center spindle. You have to slide it out and wipe some of the grease off, then reassemble it.

Thanks, I will try this smile

Thanks, I will try this...

Edited 1 times.

Author: m & m (MD)

A very common result with the metal Moen handles. I just tell my customers to wait a week and the lubrication will have washed off enough to where the handle will stay put.

Thanks, I took it apart today and dried it of all lubricant that might have been inside and it is still turning down to the central point - I will wait a week or two and see what happens...

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.