Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Low water pressure in tub but not sink
Author: mdbasinger (AR)

I have a Delta 1400 series faucet. I have very little water coming into tub. It is fine in the sink. I changed out the cartridge and that didn't help. I made sure that water is coming into the bathroom by taking everything out and turning on water. Water comes in full force. When all parts are put back in, nothing from tub faucet. When I plug the hole I can hear the water backing up and trying to come out of the shower but it doesn't. Had a plumber come out and basically he did the same thing and couldn't figure it out.

He says I will need a new faucet (valve body). Because this will mean cutting out my sheetrock and three hours work, I am just unsure if that is the problem. Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks

Re: Low water pressure in tub but not sink
Author: m & m (MD)

The problem has been narrowed down to the faucet body or associated piping. We cannot help you beyond that. We are assuming that you did remove the shower arm and head and tub spout for individual testing?

Author: hj (AZ)

Since it is a tub AND shower unit, there should be nothing in the body to cause the symptoms, (other than a clogged opening going down to the spout), so I would test the piping.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

Remove the shower head, remove the tub spout. Turn on the water and see if the tub has any flow. If it does, then the diverter in the tub spout is screwed up and there is debris in the flow restrictor in the shower head. If the tub spout line doesn't have flow, but the showerhead line does, then it is restricted in an internal waterway in the valve. Disassembly and compressed air would be my first choice, then mechanical cleaning with wire or whatever you can use.

Author: mdbasinger (AR)

Thanks for your response. We did remove the shower head and the tub spout. I only have a small amount of water into the tub. None from the shower. I agree that it appears to be a clog going down into the tub and not a problem with the valve body. I have a second plumber coming out to give me another look. I don't think the first guy really knew what was wrong. I will give them this information. Thanks

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.