Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 What is important for a plumber Inspection camera?
Author: aiaccarino (Non-US)

Hi guys,

I am doing a research to understand what the main requirements for a Video Inspection Plumber systems are.

What is obvious to me:

Compact/Light
Battery powered
Inexpensive
Easily serviceable (locally)
Able to survey from 1’1/4 to 4-5”
Sonde/Beacon
Light Control

What am I missing? What do you value the most?
How important is for a plumber to record videos or annotate videos or photos?
What do you do with the final video? Do you produce a report?
Do you buy online/shop or do you prefer a direct sale?

I would appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Thanks

Re: What is important for a plumber Inspection camera?
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Cost and return on investment...
Best Wishes

Author: hj (AZ)

You left out a color camera. Black and white, while less expensive is almost useless.

Author: ravi102769 (VA)

In this day and age, inexpensive and high quality do not go hand in hand. You get what you pay for.

Author: m & m (MD)

It's probably moot, but you want a 'leveling' camera head. At one time that was a feature with the best models but over time I believe that it can be found now on even the entry level models.

All, thanks for your replies smile
Author: aiaccarino (Non-US)

All,
thanks for your replies.
I do work for a camera manufacturer - I prefer not to say which one as I am not here to sell or advertise but just to catch requirements directly from you, the users.

From direct discussions with plumbers at the last Pumper show and my experience I understand that service & reliability are at the top of the list in terms of your requirements.

Color and Self leveling cameras are the standard for larger cameras (>1 1/2"winking smiley.

What is less clear for me is:

Recordings (Videos or photos) - Does a plumber working for a private customer on his house plumbing need them? If yes how do you / would you deliver them?

In house plumbing - do you manage to push as much as you want in small pipes/tight bends?

Do you use the same rod for in house plumbing and larger pipes?

Thanks in advanced for your feedback.

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

I do NOT have a camera, because I prefer to hire a subcontractor that ONLY does camera and locating. That way he is responsible for all maintenance. He does use the same push rod for all sizes. Recording on now done to a flashdrive although they used to use DVDs.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.