Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Jacuzzi Tub - Jets Leak
Author: flatline403 (WA)

This old Jacuzzi jet tub is installed in the bathroom of the house I recently bought.

At least one of the jets leaks, you can see the pink line where the water dripped down in the image below. I'm guessing the leak is at a rubber seal against the tub.

Suggestions for how to fix this? Where can I get a wrench that will fit that massive nut?

2nd question:
The side of the tub was all boarded up. I had to pull out a bunch of nails to get access to find this leak. What is the proper way to close this up, but provide access for servicing?

Very much appreciate any help.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Jacuzzi Tub - Jets Leak
Author: packy (MA)

that 'massive' nut can be loosened with a big channel lock pliers. you must loosen it, clean up any old sealant that the factory used, reseal with 100% silicone, clean it up and let it set for a day before testing.

Author: mr leak (CA)

The manufacturer and code state that the motor pump have access for many reasons among which are inspection replacement and maintenance AND the access has to be a certain seize to comfortably allow replacement of the pump motor

Author: KCRoto (MO)

I used a piece of 1/4" stained oak plywood to cover mine. It had brads fired into the 2x4 framing underneath to hold it. If it needs pulled, the brads will pull through the plywood and the panel removed.

Thank you all very much for the help. clap

Thank you all very much for the help.

I undid the nut. That nut was threaded onto a piece which portrudes through the body of the tub, and houses the jet nozzel as seen inside the tub. The threaded part is cracked almost all the way through, which accounts for the leak (the nut itself is cracked too). See photos.

This is one of the equivalent jet housings, as seen from the inside of the tub. So the jet nozzel you see here is mounted to the broken threaded piece in the photos above.

So I imagine that piece which houses the jet needs to be replaced, and several of the pipes leading to the piece will need to be cut, and then extensions glued on so that they can reach the new piece.

I'd really appreciate any help regarding what parts I need to buy, and where I can get them. How can I identify the cracked part?

Also: what type of pipes lead into these fixtures? They are flexible and have rings around them... Doesn't look like Pex.

Edited 1 times.

It seems like this part is likely what I need: [www.spaandpoolstore.com]

Would also still very much appreciate advice on how to handle getting the replacement hooked up to the existing pipes. What type of pipe is that?

Edited 1 times.

I am going to attempt to use this insert kit to fix the crack:
[#$%&]

Edit: linking seems to have some issue? Search for part GW44940 on google to see what I'm talking about.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

i can't really tell what the replacement part does ???
the piping you will be working with is plain old flexible PVC. it simply glues together.
i believe the big orange store carries it.
as for the parts, you are looking at something like this..

just search google for whirlpool replacement parts..

lots of hits

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.